Psychotherapy With Children
Therapy with Trina
There are feelings, body responses and a story associated with our experiences and we need to process all 3 of these to find resolution. For this reason, Trina uses integrated techniques including Play Therapy, Trust-Based Relational Intervention and Brainspotting.
Trina’s favorite analogy for therapy is an acorn – It lacks for nothing on the inside to be able to grow into an oak tree. Under the right conditions, it develops into something strong and beautiful. Without those conditions, it may be stunted or even die. Children are like acorns and therapy helps to provide the right conditions that will allow for optimal growth and development.
Education and Trainings:
- Xavier University of Louisiana, B.S. – Biology, 1994
- Lipscomb University, M.S. – Professional Counseling, 2012
- Brainspotting Level 1
- Trust Based Relational Intervention Specialist (TBRI)
- Advanced Play Therapy and Expressive Arts
- Certified Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional
Fred Rogers and Daniel Tiger are two of Trina’s heroes and she takes every chance she gets to watch either of their TV shows! She even bought an iPhone just so she could FaceTime with the 6-year-old in her life and they could watch together.