- Where: This will be determined based on participants preference for in person or telehealth group meetings
- When: Thursdays, 11 am-12 pm beginning Thursday, January 13th. This group will last for six weeks and will conclude on Thursday, February 17th.
- Fee: $30 per session
- If we agree to meet in person, for everyone’s safety and comfort, participants will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or have a willingness to wear a mask.
- This group will be for one hour each week and will be a closed group. This means that once the group begins, the window for enrollment will be closed. This will help create a safe environment for processing and connection among the group.
- To Register: Contact our Client Care Coordinator, Jenna Currie, at admin@traumatherapynashville.
com. Please indicate your preference to either meet in person and virtually.
- Led by MICHELLE WINER, M.ED., LPC-MHSP (TEMP)
What to Expect:
Motherhood can be one of the most rewarding and exciting times of your life, but it can also be one of the hardest things you can do (especially during a pandemic)! You’re responsible for caring for your child and something tells me that that’s not the only thing you have going on in your life. You’re dealing with a variety of emotions and stressors. Probably some that you weren’t expecting. In the blink of an eye, you’ve become a mom and you’re trying to adapt to this new identity and world. You may find that you’re needing some support. Maybe it’s people to relate to your struggles and joys, a space to voice the things that you’re afraid to say out loud, or an hour dedicated to taking care of yourself. If you’re reading this and nodding your head, then this group is for you!
What you will gain from this group
- A supportive community of people who can relate to your experiences
- A space to voice your thoughts and emotions
A great fit for those who:
- Have had a child within the last year
- Are seeking support and connection with other new moms
- Have been feeling isolated since giving birth
- Have feelings of anxiety and/or depression around motherhood
Note: Groups are a great way to get support and learn from others. It is not a replacement for therapy. If you need the support of a therapist, please reach out so we can get you connected!